Friday, December 16, 2011

Let your heart be light

I am super duper excited for Christmas next week! But something that is honestly different this year than in all the past years is that I have truly been preparing my heart to worship our King. I talked about this with my Sunday School girls a few weeks ago. The wise men had prepared and planned for years and years before that glorious star shone in the heavens. They knew exactly Who that star was for and exactly what they were going to take to Him and how they would worship Him. The Bible says that their joy and excitement was almost too much to contain when they saw the star appear again after arriving in Jerusalem and asking Herod where they could find the new King. Their journey was long, but the King they were going to see was worth it! I am so thankful that Christmas is on a Sunday this year. It gives me an even better chance to worship my King, that same King the wise men worshipped 2000 years ago. I will be able to worship Him with my family and my church family. My heart and mind are prepared to bring Him praise and worship.

Merry Christmas, everyone! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment