Monday, November 14, 2011

Adios, Facebook!

While I have loved keeping in touch with friends and family on Facebook, the time has come for me to say good riddance. I have loved being able to read other people's statuses, quotes, verses, daily knowledge, etc, but what I saw today infuriated me to the core of who I am. It made me sad because I know that it was absolutely contrary to what God would want.

Let me explain....

After I finished up my transcription work earlier, I clicked over to Facebook. One of my friends had posted a commented on a picture that was HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!!!!!! It was the worst image I have ever seen in my life. It was not an ad on the side of the page, but an actual picture that someone posted to get a rise out of people and start a battle. There were over 26,000 comments for the picture by the time I saw it, so that means it had been on there for some time.

I just cannot tolerate this in my house. What if my little girls had been beside me and looked at that??? No way. Not in my house.

I know what some people are going to say...."But FB can be used for so much good." or "I am able to pass along prayer requests so people will pray for whatever is going on." I answer "true" to both of those. But the thing is is that FB was created by someone who is not a Christian and is not regulated by Christians. If I have a prayer request, I am going to go about it the old fashioned way. I'm going to talk to people face to face or give them a call on the ole telephone.

This is not by any means written to try to convince anyone else that they should not be on FB any longer. But the convictions of the Holy Spirit have led me to the deactivation. He made it fully aware to me that it was time to say Adios!

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." James 4:17

1 comment:

  1. I will miss your encouraging statuses (stati?) and such, but I understand the need. I guess we'll always have twitter? ;)

    ReplyDelete